domingo, 29 de março de 2009

Mastodon - Crack the Skye


It's out! And I got mine! :D
It's fucking awesome. I need more time to fully enjoy it and the complex nature of the tracks, but so far I can say that it's not really an evolution from their previous works but more of a departure in a new direction. It's more soft and emotional, with less screaming and more melody. I would even go as far as to say it's a more spiritual album. It certainly has a pretty unique vibe to it. Overall it's a pretty good album, even if it kind of disappointed me a little for being so different from Blood Mountain. But, as Fernando Pessoa once said: "primeiro estranha-se, depois entranha-se".


By the way, hopefully I'm gonna see them live in the summer at the Optimus Alive festival, along with Lamb of God, Slipknot, Machine Head and Metallica :D

3 comentários:

fred disse...

Its already updated!!!

Gonna have to borrow you the album... I'm missing new music!

Are you on holydays this week? Tell me something if so.

XOXOXO

gnome disse...

Quite like the sound, really.

fatherkrishna disse...

The festival sounds great!